The Norfolk Healthcare Consortium in partnership with the City of Norfolk, Norfolk Public Schools, and Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. Those benefits include: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Legal Resources, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Wellness Program.
- Transparency in Coverage Machine Readable File Information
- NHC Compliance Documentation
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage - HSA 1500
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage - POS 1000
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage - POS 750
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage - PPO 750 OOA
- Employee Dependent Eligibility Requirements and Acceptable Documentation (Qualifying Family Status Change)
- Creditable Coverage Letter
FIND A DOCTOR, VIRTUAL VISITS, $0 COST MEDICATIONS, AND MORE!
- City of Norfolk click here to access your 2023 Benefits & Wellness Toolkit
- NPS click here to access your 2023 Benefits & Wellness Toolkit
- NRHA click here to access your 2023 Benefits & Wellness Toolkit
VISIT WITH YOUR DOCTOR AT YOUR CONVENIENCE:
Did you know you could get care online using a video doctor visit?
KNOW YOUR BENEFITS:
We are very proud of our history of supporting our employees with a robust range of benefit options. If you need confidential assistance or to confirm which plan you are in, please contact an Anthem Health Guide: 1-833-988-2030.
- Click here for information on the POS 1000 plan
- Click here for information on the POS 750 plan
- Click here for information on the HSA 1500 plan
- Click here for information on the PPO 750 OOA plan
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT RESOURCES:
- City of Norfolk click here for direct access to ComPsych GuidanceResources
- NPS click here for direct access to ComPsych GuidanceResources
- NRHA click here for direct access to ComPsych GuidanceResources
ANTHEM IN-NETWORK LAB CORP LAB LOCATIONS
LabCorp is the in-network provider to be used for lab services. Find a Lab Near You or Schedule an Appointment Online. Please Note: Sentara Labs and Quest Labs are out of network with Anthem.
KNOW WHAT TO PAY FOR MEDICAL/FACILITY BILLS
Compare your doctor/facility bill to your Explanation of Benefits Statement from Anthem. The Explanation of Benefits (EOB) is a statement from Anthem describing what costs it will cover for medical care or products you've received. The amount you owe the doctor/facility is listed under "What you pay". Compare the "What you pay" to the Amount Due on your doctor/facility bill and only pay the doctor/facility what is on the EOB statement. Click here to learn more
BENEFITS OR DOCTOR/FACILITY BILL QUESTIONS?
Call the Anthem Health Guides: 833-988-2030
MARCH IS NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH
During the National Nutrition Month, employees are encouraged to learn about making informed food choices and developing nutritious eating and physical activity habits. Poor eating habits and physical inactivity contributes to many preventable diseases such as type 2 diabetes and obesity. With so much information on Nutrition, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are some resources to help you:
The following links will take you directly to your employer page of the Featured Wellbeing Campaigns and resources to help:
COPING WITH STRESS WEBINAR SERIES
Stress can affect your mental and physical health. Learning to manage stress better can lead to improved heart health, mental health, sleep, and more. The Coping with Stress Webinar Series will provide you with strategies to better cope with stress:
- TOOLS TO HANDLE STRESS - Learn a new approach to understanding stress and how to keep it from becoming a problem. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
- STRESS: A WAY OF LIFE OR A FACT OF LIFE - Stress affects everybody, but the effects don’t have to be damaging. Learn coping techniques that will help you harness the positive effects of stress. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
- LAUGHTER, HUMOR AND PLAY TO REDUCE STRESS AND SOLVE PROBLEMS - You don’t have to be a professional comedian to use humor to lower stress levels. This training offers practical ways to incorporate humor and play into everyday situations. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
Are you Stressed? Sleepy? Stiff? Click here to access the Wellbeing Quick Guide articles, 5-minute practices, and courses.