The Norfolk Healthcare Consortium in partnership with the City of Norfolk, Norfolk Public Schools, and Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. Those benefits include: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Legal Resources, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Wellness Program.
FIND A DOCTOR, VIRTUAL VISITS, $0 COST MEDICATIONS, AND MORE!
- City of Norfolk click here to access your 2023 Benefits & Wellness Toolkit
- NPS click here to access your 2023 Benefits & Wellness Toolkit
- NRHA click here to access your 2023 Benefits & Wellness Toolkit
VISIT WITH YOUR DOCTOR AT YOUR CONVENIENCE:
Did you know you could get care online using a video doctor visit?
KNOW YOUR BENEFITS:
We are very proud of our history of supporting our employees with a robust range of benefit options. If you need confidential assistance or to confirm which plan you are in, please contact an Anthem Health Guide: 1-833-988-2030.
- Click here for information on the POS 1000 plan
- Click here for information on the POS 750 plan
- Click here for information on the HSA 1500 plan
- Click here for information on the PPO 750 OOA plan
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT RESOURCES:
- City of Norfolk click here for direct access to ComPsych GuidanceResources
- NPS click here for direct access to ComPsych GuidanceResources
- NRHA click here for direct access to ComPsych GuidanceResources
ANTHEM IN-NETWORK LAB CORP LAB LOCATIONS
Click here for a list of in-network lab locations. Please Note: Sentara Labs and Quest Labs are out of network with Anthem.
KNOW WHAT TO PAY FOR MEDICAL/FACILITY BILLS
Compare your doctor/facility bill to your Explanation of Benefits Statement from Anthem. The Explanation of Benefits (EOB) is a statement from Anthem describing what costs it will cover for medical care or products you've received. The amount you owe the doctor/facility is listed under "What you pay". Compare the "What you pay" to the Amount Due on your doctor/facility bill and only pay the doctor/facility what is on the EOB statement. Click here to learn more
BENEFITS OR DOCTOR/FACILITY BILL QUESTIONS?
Call the Anthem Health Guides: 833-988-2030
FEBRUARY IS HEART HEALTH MONTH
American Heart Month is a great opportunity to focus our attention on ways to promote and maintain heart health. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States and is a major cause of disability. About 630,000 people die of heart disease in the U.S. every year - that's one in four deaths. And every year, about 790,000 Americans have a heart attack. Risk factors include: high blood pressure, diabetes, tobacco use, diet, physical inactivity, obesity, and alcohol.
The following links will take you directly to your employer page of the Featured Wellbeing Campaigns and resources to help:
LETTING GO OF THE THINGS THAT HOLD YOU BACK WEBINAR
What are you holding onto that no longer serves you? Signs that you are attached to something that’s holding you back:
- You feel a little out of whack, but you aren’t sure why.
- It seems like things are going well, and you should be feeling better…but for an unclear reason, you aren’t.
- It doesn’t feel like anything big has shifted, but at the same time, you know something has changed. But you aren’t sure how to get to the bottom of it.
- What thoughts are you holding onto that give you a small payoff right now…but in the big picture, don’t actually help you show up at your best?
The Letting Go of the Things That Hold You Back webinar focuses on what's needed to accomplish "the good life", what to bring along on life's journey, what to leave behind, and what to acquire along the way. Click Here to Access the Recording Click Here to Access the Presentation Slides
COPING WITH STRESS WEBINAR SERIES
Stress is the physical and emotional pressure, tension and strain people feel when they experience difficult and frustrating situations, whether big or small. Because stress is a natural reaction to such situations, it is impossible to avoid, but you don’t have to let it overwhelm you.
Stress can affect your mental and physical health. Learning to manage stress better can lead to improved heart health, mental health, sleep, and more. The Coping with Stress Webinar Series will provide you with strategies to better cope with stress:
- TOOLS TO HANDLE STRESS - Learn a new approach to understanding stress and how to keep it from becoming a problem. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
- STRESS: A WAY OF LIFE OR A FACT OF LIFE - Stress affects everybody, but the effects don’t have to be damaging. Learn coping techniques that will help you harness the positive effects of stress. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
- LAUGHTER, HUMOR AND PLAY TO REDUCE STRESS AND SOLVE PROBLEMS - You don’t have to be a professional comedian to use humor to lower stress levels. This training offers practical ways to incorporate humor and play into everyday situations. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
Are you Stressed? Sleepy? Stiff? Click here to access the Wellbeing Quick Guide articles, 5-minute practices, and courses.