Retiree Medical Care 2022
Retiree Medical Care for 2022
At the time of retirement, all new retirees who have 15 years of continuous service with NPS are eligible to be enrolled in health care. Retiring elected constitutional officers, appointed officials, executive pay plan employees, or employees who retire from NPS with accidental disability are also eligible to enroll.
When a covered retiree reaches the age of 65 or is eligible for Medicare, NPS's health benefits will no longer be available to them or their spouses or dependents. COBRA will be offered to spouses and dependents once the retiree turns Medicare eligible. They can remain on the dental or vision past the age of 65.
Retirees forfeit their rights to enter the Retiree benefit plans if they fail to enroll within 30 days of their retirement date.
A retiree may drop the retiree (medical, dental, and/or vision) plan at any time, but in doing so forfeits their enrollment right, i.e., they may not re-enroll.
If a retiree lives outside the service area, their only health care option would be the PPO 750 OOA plan. Only retirees who live out of the service area of the active employee plan may join an out of area plan, if offered.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Benefits Office via email: HRBENEFITS@norfolk.gov or phone: 757-664-4486, Option 1. The Benefits staff is available from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Health Plan Summary Documents
- HSA 1500 – Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- HSA information
- POS 1000- Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- POS 750 – Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- PPO 750 OOA (for out of state employees) – Summary of Benefits Coverage
- Ingenio Rx Summary Plan Document (Coming Soon)
- Login at Anthem.com to get all of your personalized pharmacy benefits information:
- Find a pharmacy
- Check your drug list
- Compare drug costs
- Switch to home delivery or refill a prescription
- Check your claims status and history
- Check your copay, deductible or coinsurance amounts
- Ingenio Rx Home Delivery brochure
Click here to access Additional Forms and informational flyers for FSA, Dependent Care, and HSA.