Growth is learning and being challenged to use and expand on your strengths and develop healthy habits.
Personal Growth (Free)
GuidanceResources offers various personal growth resources for employees. Click here to access guidance, practical tips, and much more that can help support you. You’ll find information on topics such as:
- Time Management
- Effective Communication
- Work-life Balance
GuidanceResources provides support, resources, and information for personal and work-life issues. Click here for direct access to the main page.
Insight Timer (Free)
Insight Timer (available via app or web) is a digital platform that offers resources to help with personal growth, which includes workshops and courses to meet the needs and interests of nearly every individual. Finding what you want in a given moment is easy because Insight Timer is organized into categories that are clear and easy to navigate.
To gain full access to the app:
Gain full access to Insight Timer by following these steps:
- Download the free Insight Timer app and create your account.
- Once you have created your account, you will need to register your work email using the Work icon (briefcase) in the top left of the utility bar - all employees have free access when you enter your work email address when you register.
- Once you have registered your work email, you will be prompted to verify your work email. After you verify, you will have full access to Insight Timer @ Work.
If you prefer to access Insight Timer via web, click here.
Learn to Live Resources (Free)
Learn to Live has developed resources to help you live your happiest, healthiest life.
- Habits: Building the Good, Breaking the Bad - Learn ways to build new healthy habits and break old ones with less effort to improve our lives.
Financial Wellbeing Resources
Financial Wellbeing (Free)
GuidanceResources also offers various financial wellbeing resources for employees. Click here to access guidance, practical tips, and much more that can help support you. You’ll find information on topics such as:
- Getting Out of Debt
- Setting Financial Goals
- Saving Money
- Building Your Credit
- And more
Featured On-Demand Trainings and Toolkits:
- Managing Personal Finances - Understanding how to create a budget and manage your debt is important for your financial stability. This training will help you learn the basics of these critical concepts.
- The Psychology Behind Saving Money & Other Good Financial Habits - This training explores the psychological reasons people often do not practice the financial habits that they know would make them happier in the long run.
- Financial Wellness Toolkit - Money issues are frequently cited as one of the top causes of stress. Use these tools to improve your financial standing as well as your health and wellbeing as a result.
- Money Matters Toolkit - It’s never a bad time to assess our financial standing and to make the changes necessary to ensure our financial success. These tools and resources can help.
Bank On Norfolk (Free)
Bank On Norfolk is a partnership of participating banks, credit unions and community organizations across Hampton Roads designed to help you take control of your finances. Whether you want to stop living paycheck to paycheck, pay off debt, improve your credit score or build your savings, Bank On Norfolk can get you on the road to financial freedom one step at a time.
Financial Management Classes
Bank On Norfolk includes financial management classes (5-month virtual program), personalized coaching and an incentive matched savings program. Classes cover the following topics:
- Build Assets
- Consumer Protection
- Credit Basics
- Crisis Management
- Financial Assessment
- Financial Goal Establishment
- Grow Savings and Debt Reduction
- Money Management