Dental Coverage Overview and Rates
Dental Plans, Comparisons, and Descriptions
There are three plan options available: PPO High Option, PPO Low Option, and EPO Option.
- Healthy Smile, Healthy You Program Information - This program provides individuals with certain medical conditions one additional cleaning and exam beyond the plan’s ordinary limit per benefit period. The medical conditions include: diabetes; high-risk cardiac conditions; pregnancy; cancer being treated via radiation and/or chemotherapy. In addition, cancer patients are eligible for an additional fluoride application beyond the age limitation of the policy. Enrollment in this program is required to gain access to these benefits.
- Prevention First – This program allows you to stretch your annual benefit maximum dollars. Regular, preventive dental visits and preventive diagnostic services (typically x-rays, exams, and cleanings) will not count against your annual benefit maximum amount within a plan year, freeing up the annual maximum so it may be used for other covered services. Enrollment in this program is automatic for all members.
- TeleDentistry.com – A safe and effective way to receive care and avoid the emergency room. Virtual visits through Delta Dental’s partnership with TeleDentistry.com allows you access to care when you have a dental emergency; need access to a dentist after hours; need to consult with a dentist without leaving home or while traveling. Enrollment in this program is automatic for all members; however, you will need to create an online account the first time you utilize this benefit.
- Special Health Care Needs Benefit - This program (effective 7/1/2023) is designed to provide enhanced dental care for individuals with qualifying special health care needs.
For more information call 1-800-237-6060 or visit www.deltadentalva.com.
THE POWER OF A HEALTHY SMILE
Each issue of Grin! Magazine includes tips to maintain a healthy smile with topics on: Wellness & Nutrition; News & Research; Fun & Inspiration. Explore more in the issues listed below:
Current Grin! Magazine:
- Click here to access the current edition
Past Issues of Grin! Magazine:
Did You Know? Mouth Problems Could Signal Diabetes
One in three people with diabetes don't even know they have it. But untreated, high blood sugar can threaten your heart, blood vessels, eyes, and kidneys. High blood sugar also affects your mouth. Click here to read the full article from Delta Dental.
To learn if you are at risk click here to take the 1-minute health assessment. To access the Resources for Anthem Medical Plan Participants and learn more about the Anthem Prevent Diabetes Program, click here.
Did You Know? Good oral hygiene practices and regular dental care are essential for preventing tooth decay, gum disease and tooth loss.
If you are interested in focusing on maintaining a healthy smile and ensuring the longevity of your teeth, click here to learn five practical tips and strategies to help you keep your teeth healthy and save those pearly whites.
Learn more about the Top 10 Dental Myths Debunked.